Translate

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Feature Interview With One Of My Fav's Its Serena Akeroyd





I got to nail down Serena Akeroyd for just 15 minutes only, she is one busy lady.
but she always makes time for fans and friends.

So anyway she revealed to me a little about herself, and now I'll share it with you, hehe nothing is private around here.







Tell us a little about yourself.

Serena Akeroyd is a creature of the night.  She lives like a vampire (who she wishes existed) in the depths of the darkness.  She doesn’t suck blood, instead, she taps and taps and drives the neighbours crazy.  Her stories are books she’d like to read...  and now, I’m going to return to first person.  :D I’m a little whacky, a little crazy and way too blunt for my own good!  A hermit, by nature, if I never had to leave the house, it wouldn’t be too soon!  





How did you become a writer, and did you always want to write?

I wish I could say I’d dreamed of being a writer since my childhood.  But that isn’t the case.  I HATED English as a brat.  And to be honest, it hated me.  Suddenly, when I was in the latter stages of my teen years, I picked up a Mills & Boon book and I knew, knew I was meant to write romance.  Weird, I know.  Not the average epiphany.  I didn’t dream about curing cancer or saving the whales...  just crafting Happy Ever Afters.  That’s who I am, though. 






How do you hope your readers react to the stories you write?

I want them to fall in love with the characters, want it to be hard for them to carry on to another book.  I want to create book hangovers; where you wish really, really hard that the story wasn’t over and the next day, you just can’t stop thinking about them. 
A big ask, but I aim high! 







What responses to your writing have affected you the most and why?

With the good, comes the bad.  In truth, the bad has affected and hurt me.  Silly, but everyone feels that way about their creation, when someone just doesn’t connect with your words.  And then, you get the people who are the opposite, who loved what you wrote and it just makes everything worthwhile. 

Other than writing great stories, what other goals do you have for your life?
My main goal is to move to Australasia.  Even if it’s just for a few months, I want to go there and live there.  Travel around the place and see if it’s my forever home.  I have a weird feeling for it, like I’m supposed to be there. . .  we’ll see! 






What do you like to do in your spare time?

I like to read.  They say to improve as a writer, you need to read.  It’s no chore for me, I can assure you!   I have tons of books in my store room and they seem to be making babies down there lol.  I’m always reading.  Either that or social networking, running or walking my dog, Trever.  I try to run two miles a day.  





What can you tell us about your latest works?
The Naughty Nookie series came to me a few minutes before I went to sleep.  I wanted to give myself the opportunity of self-publishing before I sent out manuscripts to publishing houses.  The series consists of twelve stories, four stories per character.  Mona’s four, Fall Into Love, Crazy Little Thing Called Lust, All That Glitters and Can Be Gold are currently for sale and within the upcoming weeks, Marina’s first tale, A Bitch In Time, will also be live on Kindle. 

I’m addicted to Happy Ever Afters...  that’s no lie.  But I like a bit of raunch with mine.  So, the clue is there, really. ;) My requisite HEA is always there, but they’re unorthodox.  Think outside the box.  What do they say?   The truth is stranger than fiction.  Not in my case! 






What stories can your fans expect from you in the days ahead?


After I’ve completed Marina’s tale and then, the final character in the Naughty Nookie series, Edwina, I’ve a series of paranormal stories I want to release.  Lykens, but again, like you’ve never seen them before!  





What would you like to say to your fans in New Zealand and others worldwide?

Thank you. 

Do you have any parting words?

Writing is a dream of mine.  It’s something I want to do for the rest of my life and my fans, few as the may be at the moment, make it all worthwhile as well as possible!  Again, thank you and as a measure of my gratitude, at the moment, Mona’s books are all 0.99 cents each but on Smashwords, Fall Into Love is free.  The links are below.  I hope you connect with Mona and are a teeny, weeny bit jealous of her situation!! ;)






                                                        Naughty Nookie series on:







~#*~#**#~*#~

Serena Akeroyd – Google +


Sneaky preview of the new cover for

                                                            A Bitch In Time

                                                  Due For Release Friday 13th December



                                                           Book Synopsis


Marina has never taken the easy road. Why should she, when she prefers a storm to a perfect summer’s day? But even for her, Marina’s life is in a mess and she knows it.

Too many wrong decisions have put her life in danger and the only way to safety is to embrace the past. But Marina moves forward, steam-rolling ahead rather than focusing on the mistakes she’s made; the mistakes that have brought her to this point.

And while she is happy with her head buried in the sand, Nathan Conroy won’t let her.

He loved her once, could love her again, but for her safety, even if it causes her to hate him, he’ll do anything to protect her from the mess she’s in.

From big city living to a huge ranch in the middle of nowhere, Marina’s safety comes at a price. But to her the physical danger is no less frightening than the peril to her heart.

Can she rewind ten years to right the wrongs she once made? And even though the future depends on it, can she unbend enough to do just that?








   



I Can Also Reveal That The Naughty Nookie Series Made My Top Books For November
                                                   Every Book Received A 5 Star Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment