Translate

Sunday 11 May 2014

Featured Interview WIth T L Haddix - Author Of Many

We have featured today Author T.L Haddix Author of Deception In The Shadows and many many more, so lets find out a bit more about her




Tell us a little about yourself.

Um, wow. I’m the author of three series under two pen names (though I do have a super-secret pen name out there under which I write romantic parody short stories.) I write the Shadows Collection (romantic suspense) and the Firefly Hollow series (romance with paranormal elements) under T. L. Haddix, and the Sunset Motel series (erotic romance) as Mallory Love. I’m actually a very boring stick in the mud in the real world, but am also a happily married mother of three cat-children, living in my hometown (for now) of Hazard, Kentucky. I’m an introvert who tends to be both outspoken and reserved, if you can imagine such a thing. And I’m gluten- and dairy-free most of the time, not by choice, which is a battle I face on a regular basis.


How did you become a writer, and did you always want to write?

I kind of fell into writing as a profession after losing my job in 2008. I decided it was now or never, and one thing led to another. And I did always want to write, but I had put that idea aside because it wasn’t a “realistic” goal for paying the bills.

How do you hope your readers react to the stories you write?

I hope readers come away from my stories with emotions. Satisfaction, anger, joy, laughter, understanding, and a curiosity to see what else is out there.

What responses to your writing have affected you the most and why?

There have been two general responses to each of the series that have touched me the most. First, the reaction to “Secrets in the Shadows,” the first book in the Shadows series. The heroine is the victim of an attack that happened when she was a teenager, an attack that left scars well into adulthood. And in the book, we get to watch as she learns to trust again. So when I see readers who connect with her on that very, very personal level, and when they leave reviews or contact me directly to say “I understand this woman, and healing is possible,” that shatters me in a good way.

The second reaction is when readers from Appalachia discover my Firefly Hollow series, and it brings back all the folklore and memories they have that are specific to this culture. It’s hard to find positive portrayals of Appalachian life, and I’m very happy that I seem to have gotten that right.

Other than writing great stories, what other goals do you have for your life?

To regain my health is my primary goal outside of writing. I have chronic health issues that have been ongoing for some time now, and while I’m improving, it’s a slow battle. I’m determined to do it, though.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

Spare time… Um… I’m not sure what that is. :) Actually, I’ve become quite the workaholic, so most of my spare time is spent writing. But what little isn’t, I’m either with my hubby, my cats, cooking, or crafting.  And God help me, I started a garden this year.

What can you tell us about your latest works?

“Deception in the Shadows” is the latest book in the Shadows series, and it’s the shortest installment in the series. We get to meet some secondary characters and learn more about them, as well as touch base with some old series favorites. “Deception” is the story of Robbie Bailey and Carrie Greer, and the path they follow to find their way to each other around some rather horrifying personal losses that Carrie suffers.

The latest book in the Firefly Hollow series is “Cricket Cove.” It’s the story of the youngest Campbell child (the family who the series follows), Amelia, and her somewhat difficult journey through falling in love with Logan Gibson, the brother of her best friend and newest brother-in-law.

What stories can your fans expect from you in the days ahead?

I have several releases planned for this year. Next up is the seventh Shadows book, “Seduction in the Shadows.” It will probably be followed by the sixth Firefly Hollow book, Rachel’s story, and then another Shadows title by late 2014/early 2015. There will probably be some shorter releases in there, perhaps a Mallory Love or two, as well.


What would you like to say to your fans in New Zealand and others worldwide?

“Thank you!” From the bottom of my heart, thank you for reading. Whether you like my books or not, you took the time to read them or even just pick them up, and I can’t express to you how much that means to me.


Do you have any parting words?

I’d love to hear from readers, who can reach me through my website www.tlhaddix.com. I talk about a lot of things over there, some of which aren’t related to writing, and I hope to see you all stop by. Happy reading, and thanks for having me. :)


Authors Websites:


Goodreads Site

Web

Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment